Sometimes there is mushroom in the fridge and you literally don’t feel like touching meat—the story of my life. On such occasions, my goto is usually vegan fried rice. A guest once said of this rice, “you won’t even crave meat!” Read on for the insanely simple recipe.
How to make the rice
- 1 cup cooked rice.
- A handful of chopped oyster mushrooms.
- A handful of boiled sugar beans.
- Half an onion, 1 garlic clove and half a green bell pepper, all chopped.
- Assortment of veggies—handful of chopped broccoli, handful of chopped green beans and 1 chopped carrot.
- Curry powder.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil.
- Salt/ black pepper.
- In a pan, add the vegetable oil, onion, garlic, green pepper, and place on medium high heat. Fry until the vegetables begin to sweat.
- Add the mushroom, sprinkle salt and crack in some black pepper. Stir until the mushroom has wilted.
- Add the broccoli, green beans, carrot and sprinkle in some curry powder. Stir and cover the pan for about five minutes. Add the sugar beans, stir and cover for a further minute.
- Add the rice and fry for about a minute. Your meal is ready.
Nothing could be simpler than that.